Fundamentalism: We believe in the Fundamentals of Christianity. We are Fundamentalists in the historic Christian sense; this simply means we hold that certain basic Christian truths are fundamental to the true Christian faith. This has NO relationship to those religious groups which use violence to impose their religious views and are referred to as 'fundamentalists' by the media. True Christianity is uncompromising in its own personal adherence to these fundamental doctrines, but INSISTS on liberty of conscience for all to make such choices.
Scriptures: The Bible teaches us certain truths concerning the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ - no true Christian would or could renounce them. "Whosoever transgresseth and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." (II John1:9)
Jesus Christ is God:
- John 3:16
- He is the Lord from heaven. 1Corinthians 15:47
- He is the Lord from Heaven Micah 5:2
- He is God. Hebrews 1:8
Jesus Christ is a sinless Man:
- He was born by a real human birth Luke 2:7
- He was born by a very special miraculous birth with no human father - virgin born Matthew 1:1-23; Luke 1:26-35
- He was born without sin and lived without sin. Hebrews 7:26
Jesus Christ died a Substitutionary Death:
- Without sin or crime of His own, yet He suffered the penalty of sin and death Mark 15:27-28
- His suffering was for the sins of others, that by believing in Him we will escape the judgment of eternal hell fire. IPeter 2:24; 1Peter 3:18; Galatians 2:20
- The prophets of the Old Testament foretold its necessity Isaiah 53
Jesus Christ rose from the dead and ascended to heaven:
- He rose bodily 1John 2:19-21
- This was witnessed by the apostles 1Corinthians 15:1-8
Jesus Christ is Returning Visibly:
- First, He will take out the Church 1Thessalonians 4:15-18
- He will also come to the earth to set up His Kingdom, as promised by the prophets.
Our Bible is the one English-speaking Christians and Preachers have acknowledged and used for nearly 400 years, the King James Bible.
Our ministry is Bible-centered because Christianity rests on the Word of God - It alone has all the answers to humanity's needs.
- The written Word of God sets forth the Word of God Incarnate, Jesus Christ.
- It is God-breathed - the testimony of the Holy Spirit.
- "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."
The Local Church:
We would love to help you to understand the Good News of God's love. We believe it is the church's responsibility to share the Gospel by local evangelistic effort, by personal witnessing, and by world missions.
We believe the Bible is to be understood literally, recognizing where obvious the use of figurative language.
- We believe that the Bible is to be interpreted through the use of principles and keys of interpretation, as supplied within Itself.
- We believe that one important key is that the Bible sets forth a distinct plan of the ages - or Divinely given dispensations.
- We believe the Church is distinct from Israel, that the next prophetic event is the return of Christ at the end of the Church Age.
- We believe that the return of Christ is first in the air for the Church - and then to the earth after the Tribulation Period to set up His earthly Kingdom.
- This church sees no hierarchy of church government in the New Testament Scriptures, but a simple church order.
- We are an independent local assembly, governed by Christ and His Word. The structure includes two offices, the Pastoral Office and the Diaconate (deacon).
- We fellowship and cooperate with sister churches of like mind, but have no denominational structure.