- Man is a special creation from the hand of God. "And God said, Let us make man in our image..." Genesis 1:26a
- The human race fell - and all men are lost sinners. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:23
- The judgement awaiting all who die in their sins is the fiery torment of hell. "...Rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28b
- Man cannot overcome his sin problem by himself. "Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil." Jeremiah 13:23
- God provided a Saviour when He sent His own Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:21
- Salvation for the sinner was purchased when Jesus took the sinner's punishment Himself, dying as a substitutionary sacrifice on the cross. "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree..." 1 Peter 2:24a
- The sinner now must repent of his sin and trust personally in the Lord Jesus Christ Who died and rose again. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9.
Read above verses in context, in your Bible.
Do you want to know more about the Holy Bible?
Then check out the Bible Facts column which is regularly posted in our local newspaper.